The New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE), in association with Boston magazine, has produced the 2016 Guide to New England Colleges & Universities, the fifth edition of the annual guide. Boston magazine published the Guide in combination with its December 2015 issue.
NEBHE is distributing complimentary copies of the Guide throughout New England, including to school guidance offices, public libraries, GEAR UP and TRIO counselors and participants, and students and families.
Visit www.nebhe.org/guide to order print copies of the Guide and to access digital versions.
The 2016 Guide provides key data for New England’s public and independent colleges and universities including:
- admissions application deadlines (regular, early action, early decision)
- acceptance rates (percentage of applicants who are accepted and who enroll)
- cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room & board)
- degrees offered
- faculty-student ratio
- enrollment totals and percentages for numbers of students who are part-time, female, international, minority or commuting
- availability of online degrees, dual enrollment, prior-learning-assessment, childcare
The 2016 Guide also features tips for navigating the college admissions process, an overview of financial aid resources and information on NEBHE’s tuition-saving Regional Student Program (RSP)/Tuition Break.
NEBHE published its Annual Directory of New England Colleges and Universities for a half-century as a special issue of The New England Journal of Higher Education (NEJHE). In 2010, NEBHE moved its NEJHE publication entirely online. Through their association, Boston magazine and NEBHE have produced five issues of the annual Guide, and NEBHE has been able to provide complimentary print copies for the convenience of school counselors, higher education colleagues and college-bound students and families throughout the region.