- This event has passed.
Prosperity vs Survival: The Power of Partnerships, Affiliations, and Alliance
December 3, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Thanks to everyone who joined our Prosperity Vs. Survival webinar on December 3, 2020.
Here is a video of the complete webinar:
|Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation (in PDF format) featured in the webinar.|
A collaborative virtual workshop between NEBHE and AGB will help college and university leaders face critical questions about enrollments, financial sustainability and post-pandemic plans. Where do institutions and their leaders go from here? With many institutional financial models under increased duress, leadership and resolve must be combined with both strategy and partnerships to provide pathways to institutional prosperity. While many colleges and universities will face continued negative factors and challenges, there are still many opportunities for institutions to transform themselves while preserving and strengthening their mission.
Topics covered by expert panelists during this collaborative virtual workshop will include:
- The situational assessment and understanding the institutional prosperity gap
- Major trends in build, buy, and affiliate strategies
- Economies of scale and how to improve competitive position, without giving up the distinctive advantages of being smaller in size
- Developing a winning formula for long-term prosperity while strengthening your mission
- Shifting the paradigm from survival to prosperity in a sea of uncertainty
Who Should Participate?
The virtual workshop is designed for trustees and senior executives from New England’s public and independent higher education institutions, though members of institutions outside the New England region may also find the content useful. Participating institutions are encouraged to include a combination of:
- Trustees, including governing board leaders
- Presidents and chancellors
- Chief academic officers
- Chief financial officers
- Other senior academic and administrative leaders, including faculty members
Follow Up Events
In early 2021, NEBHE and AGB will invite participants to join in follow-up “Ask the Expert” sessions in which institutional teams can engage with experts in strategy development and affiliation action planning. Additional information regarding these sessions will be provided during December 3rd’s event.
Moderator: Ken Knueven, Managing Director, AGB Consulting
- Michael K. Thomas, President and CEO, New England Board of Higher Education
- Rick Beyer, Senior Fellow and Practice Area Leader for Higher Education Long-Term Strategic Alternatives, AGB Consulting
Special Guest: Michele D. Perkins, President, New England College
More panelists will be announced closer to the date of the event.