- This event has passed.
Demystifying Professional Licensure Compliance
March 25, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Thanks to everyone who joined our Demystifying Professional Licensure Compliance webinar on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
In July 2020, updates to an existing federal rule came into effect requiring institutions who participate in Title IV programming to provide public and individual disclosures for programs that lead to professional licensure or certification for distance education and face-to-face programs. Violations of the rule could result in administrative enforcement actions, such as fines or a loss of program eligibility to participate in Title IV, or other consequences.
Although complex, and at times overwhelming, professional licensure compliance is a necessary measure in the best interest of students. Approvals by respective licensing entities and accurate disclosures ensure students make informed decisions to enroll in programs which support their professional goals.
Colleagues from postsecondary institutions in Connecticut joined the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) and Connecticut Office of Higher Education (CT OHE) to:
- Review context of the federal rule (34 CFR 668.43)
- Discuss what constitutes a program which leads to professional licensure
- Hear strategies to get started in seeking professional licensure approvals and disclosure practices
- Review requirements and explore resources under the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
The webinar featured these panelists:
- Timothy D. Larson, Executive Director, Connecticut Office of Higher Education
- Sean Seepersad, Division Director of Academic Affairs, Connecticut Office of Higher Education
- Emily Bjornberg, Senior Consultant, Connecticut Office of Higher Education
- Shari Miller, Consultant, Institutional Compliance MATTERS
- Marianne Boeke, Senior Director for Research and State Support, National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
- Rachael Stachowiak, Associate Director, State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NEBHE-SARA), New England Board of Higher Education
|Click here to download the Demystifying Professional Licensure Compliance presentation in PDF format.
Click here to view the Q&A, additional resource information and contact information.