The National Association for Workforce Improvement (NAWI) will hold its 2012 conference at the Boston Park Plaza, on Thursday, May 24 and Friday, May 25.
The NAWI audience consists of educators, administrators, government personnel, and workforce development professionals in career and technical education. This year’s conference focusing on “Innovation for the 21st Century Workforce” will feature:
- Sustainable and interdisciplinary product design;
- Igniting student interest in STEM;
- Creating a culture of innovation in teaching and learning;
- New models in high school and career and technical education that integrate STEM career pathways;
- Successes in industry-education collaboration and work-based learning;
- National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education program dissemination;
- Workforce initiatives in emerging technologies; and
- 25 research-based practitioner workshops.
- Charles Fadel, co-author of 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times;
- Bill Symonds, director of the Pathways to Prosperity Project at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education;
- Valerie Fletcher, executive director of the Institute for Human Centered Design; and
- Dale Dougherty, founder of Maker Faire.
To register, please download and complete this form.