Now accepting nominations …
The New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) is now seeking nominations for our thirteenth annual New England Higher Education Excellence Awards. Five regional awards and six state merit awards will be presented to the recipients on the evening of Friday, March 4, 2016 in Boston.
Nominees should be individuals, programs or organizations in New England higher education, government or business that exemplify excellence in leadership, innovation, diversity and partnerships and collaborations.
Five Regional Awards
- The Governor Walter R. Peterson Award for Leadership
- The Eleanor M. McMahon Award for Lifetime Achievement
- The Robert J. McKenna Award for Program Achievement
- The David C. Knapp Award for Trusteeship
- The Business Contribution to Higher Education Award
Six State Merit Awards
- One for each New England state
Individuals, programs, organizations, institutions and businesses considered for nomination should exemplify NEBHE’s mission through their accomplishments.
NEBHE’s mission is to promote greater educational opportunities and services for the residents of New England by:
- Engaging and assisting leaders in the assessment, development and implementation of sound education practices and policies of regional significance.
- Promoting policies, programs and best practices to assist the states in implementing important regional higher education policies.
- Promoting regional cooperation and programs that encourage the efficient use and sharing of educational resources.
- Providing leadership to strengthen the relationship between higher education and the economic well-being of New England.
Individuals nominated for a Regional Award should have spent a significant portion of their time working with programs, organizations, institutions and/or businesses located in New England, while individuals nominated for a State Merit Award should have spent a significant portion of their time working with programs, organizations, institutions and/or businesses located in the state in which they are being nominated.
Note: Any individual who is currently a NEBHE Board member or an employee of NEBHE will not be eligible to receive an award.
Please submit your nominations through our website, www.nebhe.org/nominate no later than Monday, Aug. 17, 2015.
If you have questions please contact Kiley Danchise-Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-533-9503.