Bridgewater State University is celebrating its 175th anniversary as one of the first teacher-preparation institutions in the U.S.
Founded by Horace Mann as one of the first “normal” schools in America, the university is hosting a conference on the history of teacher preparation. The conference will be held on March 26, 2015, on the university campus in Bridgewater, Mass..
The college is holding a conference and calling for papers addressing topics such as:
- History of the Normal School movement and its legacy
- Higher education and teacher preparation in historical perspective
- Evolving use of educational technology in teacher preparation and classroom practices
- The history of teacher education in relation to issues of social justice and democracy
- International influences and practices
- Historical developments in educational pedagogy
Notification regarding paper acceptance will be made by Monday, Feb. 16, 2015. For questions about the conference, email Howard London at email@example.com.