Working in Higher Education in New England
NE HERC Joblink
As part of its mission to tie higher education to the economic well being of New England, NEBHE has partnered with the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (NE HERC) to provide access to recruitment and employment resources to address faculty and staff hiring needs. The mission of the NE HERC, which was founded in 2006, is to advance the efforts of member institutions to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Moreover, together with NEBHE, NE HERC seeks to raise the profile of the higher education industry in New England as an employer of choice for diverse and highly qualified professionals across all disciplines and functions.
With nearly 18,000 registered job-seekers, 3,000 faculty and staff jobs, and 2.5 million unique website visits per year, NE HERC provides the largest higher education job board in New England, as well as a community of 62 member institutions sharing best practices and participating in strategic networking events and an assortment of targeted professional development opportunities every year.
NEBHE Job Posting:
Assistant Director, Regional Student Program
The Assistant Director, Regional Student Program, works under the supervision of the Senior Director to support the ongoing success and operation of the New England Board of Higher Education’s Regional Student Program, Tuition Break, and other student enrollment-focused initiatives and projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the annual program review including engaging and communicating with participating institutions, establishing timeline and deadlines and tracking and verifying responses
- Works closely with NEBHE Technology Coordinator to facilitate processing of database content, troubleshooting and support solutions
- Assists with production and publication of print and digital materials, including program catalog and brochure
- Manages the college fair and events calendar, including scheduling, invitation management and response, assignments for staff and outreach consultants
- Maintains updated contacts database
Data Collection and Reporting
- Manages collection, analysis and reporting of student enrollment and tuition data, including annual enrollment reports
- Produces customized institutional, state and legislative district reports on enrollment, tuition savings and revenue for legislators, government and higher education leaders
Communications and Outreach
- Communicates with stakeholders throughout New England including key officers at participating New England public campuses, including admissions, enrollment management, academic affairs, transfer advising and institutional research; high school counseling offices; college access and outreach organizations; legislators and other constituents
- Engages in outreach with students, parents, school counselors and advisors, and responds to inquiries about NEBHE programs
- Assists with workshops and presentations for high school counselors, families and higher education leaders
- Promotes and markets programs through newsletters, social media channels and advertising
- Represents NEBHE at relevant conferences and events throughout New England
- Assists with Independent College Transfer Guarantee program
- Assists with NEBHE’s study abroad initiatives including Quebec, Nova Scotia and Chinese Government Scholarship program
- Assists with additional NEBHE initiatives as needed
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and two or three years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a variety of constituents and stakeholders in-person and remotely
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish organizational priorities
- Familiarity with New England higher education institutions and agencies, as well as financial aid and college planning resources
- Attention to detail; proficiency with Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, InDesign, Canva and social media platforms
- Ability to travel independently to meetings and events throughout New England
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is between $48,000 and $60,000, depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to work in a virtual environment when required by health considerations and collaboration needs. (Note: Staff are currently working remotely because of Covid-19 restrictions.)
Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
Regularly uses a computer keyboard, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
More than half of time spent in a normal office setting.
Carry, lift boxes of materials when traveling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
NEBHE actively seeks to achieve a diverse workforce. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.