Working in Higher Education in New England
As part of its mission to tie higher education to the economic well being of New England, NEBHE has partnered with the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (NE HERC) to provide access to recruitment and employment resources to address faculty and staff hiring needs. The mission of the NE HERC, which was founded in 2006, is to advance the efforts of member institutions to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Moreover, together with NEBHE, NE HERC seeks to raise the profile of the higher education industry in New England as an employer of choice for diverse and highly qualified professionals across all disciplines and functions.
With nearly 18,000 registered job-seekers, 3,000 faculty and staff jobs, and 2.5 million unique website visits per year, NE HERC provides the largest higher education job board in New England, as well as a community of 62 member institutions sharing best practices and participating in strategic networking events and an assortment of targeted professional development opportunities every year.
Coordinator of State Policy Engagement
The Coordinator of State Policy Engagement is a full-time position at NEBHE and will be an integral member of the NEBHE’s Policy & Research team. The Policy & Research team is a diverse and intellectually curious group that produces original policy and data analyses, creates innovative multistate projects and convenes state policymakers, higher education leaders and employers to address pressing challenges in the realms of postsecondary education and talent development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an ability and interest in working across NEBHE’s several policy priorities and multistate projects aimed at increasing quality, cost savings and student access and success.
- Understand the dynamics of higher education and workforce development policies, programs and practices within the New England context.
- Have a background and vision for creating high-impact convenings and communication strategies that will effectively engage NEBHE’s existing stakeholders and new audiences.
Essential job duties:
The Coordinator of State Policy Engagement will have three primary roles:
- Coordinating NEBHE’s functions related to state authorization for distance learning.
- Support the Policy & Research team in achieving the Board’s strategic priorities.
- Expand NEBHE’s visibility and stakeholder relationships through effective convenings and communications.
To these ends, the Coordinator’s role will include:
- Provide support to states regarding policies and requirements for SARA membership.
- Assist in managing key processes related to state and institutional participation multi-state policy initiatives, responding to questions, requests for information or resolving issues, concerns or problems when needed.
- Track developments in state- and national-level policies, legislation and regulations (including distance learning, state authorization, higher education governance, program approval, accreditation, workforce development, access and attainment) and monitor key issues and media coverage.
- Assist in planning and executing convenings (advisory committee meetings, conferences and other events), including invitations, logistics, promotion, creation of materials and follow-ups.
- Gather and manage data and provide trend analyses and reports relative to stakeholder engagement with NEBHE, its convenings and digital content.
- Assist in developing communications strategies related to web content, social media and email campaigns to support NEBHE’s policy work and objectives.
- Build Policy & Research’s online presence via compelling web content, social media and email marketing strategies, leveraging news, trends and progress on key initiatives.
- Support Policy & Research and other NEBHE staff, as needed.
Qualifications and skills:
- 2+ years of experience in communications and event planning or related fields.
- Higher education and/or nonprofit background, preferred.
- Knowledge of distance education delivery systems, modalities and programs, preferred.
- General knowledge of institutional accreditation, program approval and/or professional licensure processes, preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of communications technologies, web design and development tools and principles (for example, Constant Contact, WordPress, Tableau, Canva).
- Strong computer and technology skills, including working knowledge of G Suite, Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
Working conditions/physical demands:
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at a computer or on a telephone.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- May require travel to meetings across New England and conferences across the country.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinator, Student Programs and Services
NEBHE seeks a Program Coordinator, Student Programs and Services, to support the ongoing success and operation of its Regional Student Program (RSP), aka Tuition Break, and assist with other student-oriented programs, including transfer and study abroad.
Key Responsibilities, Regional Student Program, Tuition Break
Outreach and Communications for the RSP
- Communicates with stakeholders throughout New England including administrators and key officers at the participating New England public colleges and universities – admissions, enrollment management, academic affairs, transfer advising and institutional research; high school counseling offices; college access and outreach organizations; legislators and other constituents.
- Engages in outreach to students, parents and school counselors, including responding to inquiries about the RSP, academic programs and participating colleges.
- Represents the RSP at college fairs and other events throughout New England; assists with workshops and presentations for high school counselors, families and higher education leaders.
- Promotes and markets RSP through newsletters, advertising and social media channels.
- Assists with production and distribution of all print and digital publications.
Data Collection, Entry and Reporting
- Assists with enrollment and tuition data collection, analysis and reporting, including the annual RSP report.
- Produces state and legislative district reports on RSP enrollment, tuition savings and revenue for legislators, government leaders and board members.
- Assists with RSP annual program review process and documentation, and maintenance of robust program database.
- Maintains database of RSP contacts.
New England Independent College Transfer Guarantee (Guarantee)
- Provides administrative support for the Guarantee as needed, including production of promotional materials and reports, planning for meetings and responding to inquiries.
Study Abroad Programs
- Provides administrative support for study abroad programs offered through NEBHE with partners in China, Nova Scotia and Quebec.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree and two-to-three years of relevant experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with varied constituents and stakeholders
Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish organizational priorities
Attention to detail; proficiency with Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro and InDesign
Familiarity with New England higher education institutions and agencies, as well as financial aid and college planning resources
Ability to travel independently to meetings and events throughout New England, including some overnight stays
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Feb. 1, 2020.