The New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) will hold its ninth annual New England Higher Education Excellence Awards on Friday, March 11, at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf Hotel.
Each year, NEBHE presents Regional Excellence Awards to individuals and organizations that have shown exceptional leadership on behalf of higher education and the advancement of educational opportunity, and State Merit Awards to honor the innovative work of organizations, institutions or individuals in each New England state.
Please click the links below for more information on the individual awards and their recipients.
- The Hon. Patrick J. Leahy, U.S. Senator, Vermont (The Governor Walter R. Peterson Award for Leadership)
- Terrence MacTaggart, Former Chancellor, University of Maine System (The Eleanor M. McMahon Award for Lifetime Achievement)
- Eastern Connecticut State University & Quinebaug Valley Community College
Dual Enrollment Program (The Robert J. McKenna Award for Program Achievement)
- Kimon Zachos, Trustee, Southern New Hampshire University (The David C. Knapp Award for Trusteeship)
- The Hon. Denise Merrill, Connecticut Secretary of State and former member of the Connecticut House of Representatives (Connecticut State Merit Award)
- The Bernard Osher Foundation (Maine State Merit Award)
- The Hon. Steven C. Panagiotakos, former member of the Massachusetts Senate (Massachusetts State Merit Award)
- NHHEAF’s Center for College Planning (New Hampshire State Merit Award)
- Dennis Littky & Big Picture Learning (Rhode Island State Merit Award)
- Vermont Dual Enrollment Program (Vermont State Merit Award)
For registration information, click here.