DATA ANALYST NEEDED FOR SHORT-TERM PROJECT
The Transfer Initiatives Team at the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) seeks a data analyst to combine, clean, and then conduct basic descriptive statistical analysis on over 20 sets of de-identified student data that higher education institutions participating in NEBHE’s New England Transfer Guarantee have submitted to NEBHE via our secure database.
Three to four months, remote, part-time.
$35 to $40/hour, commensurate with experience.
Enrollment data is housed in Excel sheets; a blank sheet is linked here, for those interested in seeing what data elements are being reported upon. After combination, cleaning, and analysis, data visualizations will need to be produced in PowerBI—for use in NEBHE’s second annual Guarantee Enrollment Report. The inaugural enrollment report can be found, in whitepaper form, here.
Much of this work can be conducted on a flexible schedule set by the analyst; however, there will be a required, synchronous project briefing at the outset as well as scheduled check-ins with Senior Program Manager Sarah Kuczynski until project completion.
- Advanced Excel skills including:
- Data combination and cleaning using PowerQuery, Excel, or another approved data analysis program;
- Generation of PivotTables
- Data visualization skills (the report will include basic bar graphs and line graphs)
- Experience visualizing data using PowerBI—or a willingness to learn this quickly—is a must.
- Interest in or familiarity with higher education is a plus!
Senior Program Manager, Sarah Kuczynski at email@example.com