Through the New England Board of Higher Education, qualified New England students may be eligible to study at a Chinese university and receive a full scholarship. The scholarships are provided through the generosity of the Chinese Government and will cover tuition and fees for scholarship recipients at a Chinese institution. The scholarships will support study at hundreds of Chinese universities from which New England students can choose. Students can enroll in classes taught in either English or Chinese, preparatory Chinese language classes will also be available. Up to twelve full scholarships will be available for New England residents each year.
Who is eligible?
- All non-Chinese New England citizens in good health.
- To learn more about eligibility, click here.
What types of scholarships are available?
- Short term scholarships are available for one to two years of study. Similar to a traditional study abroad program, students must have completed two years of undergraduate study to be eligible.
- Long term scholarships are also available for students who wish to pursue a full undergraduate, master’s or doctoral degree.
- Search all eligible universities and programs here.
What is the application process?
- To learn more about the application process and scholarship details, click here.
- For more information about the program and participating institutions, visit the Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program.
- The application process for the 2019-20 scholarships is not yet open. Please check back in November/December 2018 for updated information.
Questions? Contact Emily Decatur at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-533-9513.