April 12, 2017
Rhode Island State House, Providence, Rhode Island
NEBHE’s Commission on Higher Education & Employability held its opening event at the Rhode Island State House on Wednesday, April 12. The Commission is a collaboration of NEBHE and Gov. Gina M. Raimondo of Rhode Island, who serves as chair. The Commission membership includes business leaders, college presidents, chancellors, state legislators, secretaries of labor and workforce development and students.
The Commission set out its goals to identify and recommend high-impact practices and institutional and state policies to improve the career readiness and employability of recent college graduates in New England.
Click below to download presentations from the meeting:
- Michael K. Thomas, President & CEO, NEBHE
- Brandon Busteed, Executive Director, Education and Workforce Development, Gallup
- Andreas Schleicher, Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Click here to watch and download video of the presentation of Andreas Schleicher
- Complete meeting packet including agenda, speaker biographies, etc.
- OECD Incentives for Apprenticeship report
- OECD Learning for Jobs comparative report
- OECD Skills Matter: Further Results from Survey of Adult Skills report